Friday, April 10, 2009

Vintage Easter Decor

My grandma was a ceramic artist. At least, I guess that's what you'd call her. We just always said she "made dolls"-- even though, as you'll see, she made much more than that. Every summer, we'd visit her in West Virginia and spend hours in her basement, making trinkets out of ceramic and porcelain and firing them in her kilns. It was grand fun.

My grandma passed away when I was a senior in college, but every holiday she is memorialized in my house through our holiday decor. Like these little treasures here...

Surprise! It's not a dozen eggs!

Look at this little cutie.

And this little bunny is my favorite ~

She also made me and my three siblings personalized bunny mugs. (We have Santa ones, too. :-)

These treasures from Grandma make me happy each Easter when they come out of the box: little pieces of my childhood that have been reborn in my own family's traditions.

Happy Easter, everyone!

"God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”-Romans 5:6-8

2 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

What great memories to have of your grandmother. Her things are so cute!
Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day - I've been away on spring break and I'm just getting caught up! :)

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, goodness! I love these! (And, pretty much anything vintage.) Wow.