Friday, June 26, 2009

Carbilicious


Oh my goodness, am I ever glad to have passed my three-hour gestational diabetes test. After having GD with Bug, I became painfully aware of what limiting sugar does to me. It's not pretty. If I have one addiction in life, it's chocolate, and although I know this doesn't compare to, say, detoxing from meth, my chocolate withdrawals can be pretty intense.

If I had been diagnosed with GD this go-round, I would have had to take drastic measures. Like buying stock in Breyer's Carb Smart ice cream. And removing Bakerella from the sidebar of my blog.

So I was extremely relieved to get the all-clear today! When the nurse said, "You passed!" all I heard was, "Go get yo'self a big ol' Hershey Bar." And so I did.

I'm off to eat popcorn. Or maybe ice cream. Or maybe both.

4 comments:

Amber B. said...

Yay! Glad you can enjoy your chocolate!!

(And yes, you found me out. I am driving Tom nuts with all of the rearranging around here! hahaha!)

Rieses Pieces said...

Yeah! So happy to hear that. A friend from church, had GD with both of her boys, but NOT with her daughter. Very interresting for you too! Is it more common with boy pregnancies?? Hmm-hope you enjoyed the candybar!

Jenica Stephens said...

We have to plan a date for ice cream to celebrate!

Ms. Tee said...

Great news! I believe you deserve a chocolate bar for that! :)