Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Hubby, Ugly Walls

Hunk talked me into getting the family room wired for surround sound and (gasp) the TV mounted above the fireplace- something I swore I’d never do. He convinced me by pointing out that we could then move the TV armoire to Bug’s soon-to-be Big Boy Room for toy/book storage and move the couches around to make room for a couple new chairs and, hence, more seating for guests. So, he got me on three fronts: nesting, shopping and hospitality. I totally got played. Now our TV is above the fireplace, three unsightly speakers are adorning my mantle, and the walls are completely butchered with rough drywall. Oh, well. It’ll look good in a few weeks when all the pieces fall into place… And in the meantime, I’ve got a happy hubby: worth its weight in A/V wires.


1 comment:

Ms. Tee said...

Oh funny! I've actually been thinking about doing this, too. we could use the seating space, too! I love the stone on your fireplace, by the way. I've been thinking about covering the tile that is on ours, and I really like yours - so pretty. :)