Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pupcakes

Since Bug loves our very patient Westie, Munson, we decided to honor their sweet little relationship in Bug's second birthday theme.


The party was at Gymboree, where Bug could be his buggiest.
The invitation (sans dogs) came from a wedding kit (go figure) I found at Michael's that included the cute little striped sleeve that moves up and down. I added the puppies with help from my crafty neighbor Sandy.







The food was great fun to make: just think like a little doggy!




















We had dogwiches, dig-up-the-yard pudding cups, puppy chow, fruit (for vegetarian doggies, of course)... and...PUPCAKES (in honor of Munson). Got the idea from this YouTube video.





















After partying hard, Bug was plum worn out. Dog tired, you might say.

5 comments:

Amber B. said...

Oh, my gosh. Love that theme! I am a total psycho about kid birthday parties. Isn't it so fun to plan them?

Ms. Tee said...

This is so cute! And I love the little placecards - well, all of it! The cutest thing are the *pupcakes*. I'll definitely have to remember this one!

Allison D said...

Seriously, that is the coolest party I have ever seen. I am a lame mom!!!!! You are one creative lady. I was going to say one creative B%^% to keep with the dog theme, but decided against it (lol).

Holiday said...

OK seriously Liz.....you have set the bar HIGH for toddler birthday parties! HOLY CRAP!!! And I thought I could get away with some cupcakes and ice cream...jeeesh! I guess I'm going to need to step it up for E's 2nd : )

Mark you calendar for Sat. April 11! Party at our pad---sadly, no pupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Too stinkin cute! You are so creative!! Looks like you guys had fun! I can't believe that you're little guy is 2!!