Sunday, February 15, 2009

Deep Thoughts... on Wallpaper

I have NO wallpaper in my house. It's all paint, paint, paint.

But most of my favorite spots in the world (the historic home in Roswell where we held our wedding reception, the bed-and-breakfast where Hunk took me for our first anniversary, my friend's sunny yellow kitchen) are all wallpapered. Coincidence? I think not.

We are getting ready to transform our guest room into a Big Boy Room for Bug, complete with a walk-in-closet-converted-to-play-space, and I'm toying with the idea of wallpapering the play space.

I've been seeking a little cyber-inspiration, and here's what I've got so far. Not all are kid's rooms, obviously, but all serve to satiate a little of my wallpaper curiosity.

I like this living room. The wallpaper print looks formal to me, but paired with the casual furnishings, it looks put-together and timeless. And I like how it's papered just above the chair rail, too.

Too bad my living room is two-story. I don't think Hunk would ever forgive me. It would be worse, even, than when I eat his leftovers without permission. teehee.



Now check out this nifty little idea. Just a stripe, please! A little radical for me...but I appreciate the originality! (and I really like that funky yellow chaise thingy)



Now we're getting somewhere!

(Of course, leave it up to Martha to come through for me. She and I have a long-term love/hate thing going on....)


I love how just the closet is wallpapered. It's inviting and fresh... and close to what I want to do in Bug's room (but not so floral-y or Martha-y).


And, for the finale photo: look at this cutie-pie kid's paper! Can't you just picture it lining the walls of Bug's Big Boy closet?!




Now I just have to convince Hunk of my idea (and stay away from his leftovers... for awhile.)

1 comment:

Amber B. said...

I love that numbers wallpaper!!! You'll have to post an after pic!